The International Center’s Cross-Cultural Training (CCT) for Partners is a series of small group sessions that introduce important aspects of American culture to help newcomers feel quickly at ease in their new country, enhancing a family’s cultural adjustment, and ensuring a successful assignment in Indiana. Participants have the opportunity to meet other newly arrived expatriates, share their experiences and be a part of a support group during their stay in Indianapolis and beyond.
- Bridging the cultural gap
- American social customs and holidays
- American health care system
- Personal and family safety
- Finances in the United States
- Orientation tour of the city
- Education – preschool to college
Expert speakers are drawn from the community to enhance the program and answer in-depth questions based on the needs of the group:
- The public information officer from a local law enforcement agency and a fire safety officer from the local fire department discusses personal and public safety
- A local financial institution representative provides an insight into finance in the U.S.
- A medical professional who speaks on the U.S. healthcare system
- An immigration lawyer discusses working in the U.S.
- Community leaders introduce the Association of International Women, educational and cultural resources, and volunteer opportunities