Have more questions about interning at The International Center? Contact us!
Plus, check out The Center’s social media for more information:
As an intern at The International Center, you can expect staff members to be invested in you and to treat you as they would their peers. The benefits of working for The International Center are unique and varied!
- Attend a weekly intern program meeting that includes professional training, career support modules, and presentations by global business & civic leaders
- Tap into a supervisor, mentor, and team committed to your growth and success
- Expand your international perspective and gain new, unique experiences, including meeting international visitors, participating in a naturalization ceremony or attending internationally-focused events
- Engage in unique local and international networking opportunities
- Develop a career plan with support in resume building & professional recommendations
- Gain professional skills for the global economy
- Earn school credit
- Enjoy a flexible schedule
Absolutely! We understand that you are a student and have other activities in which you are involved. The International Center allows you the flexibility to work around your school’s internship requirements and create a schedule that works for you.
Yes! In fact, we encourage it! Just let us know which areas are of interest in your cover letter.
- Business Development, Research Analysis & Consulting
- Accounting, Finance & Operations
- International Research & Business Program Management
- International Client Services
- Event Planning & Management
- Marketing, Public Relations & Analysis
- International Research & Programming
- Non-Profit Administration
- Operations & Organizational Project Management
- Data Archivist
No. Students at colleges and universities from anywhere in the state, country, or world may apply. Please note that all students must arrange their own travel and accommodations for the duration of their internship, and The Center cannot aid in obtaining work visas. The Center also accepts internship applications from recent college graduates.
The International Center’s internships are unpaid. However, we are happy to work with your college or university to provide credit for your internship and provide a $60/month stipend for downtown parking or transportation.
No. Through the years, we have had a wide variety of students with varying majors intern with The Center. All students with a strong interest in gaining professional and international experience are welcome to apply. Our preferred qualifications for successful interns are:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong research aptitude and/or skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Willing to be versatile and flexible, with a self-starter work ethic
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with staff members, volunteers, and external stakeholders
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
There are several and can vary from role to role, season to season. The principal responsibilities include:
- Develop/document goals with your supervisor
- Attend weekly intern meetings featuring special guest speakers & customized career programming
- Represent The Center at naturalization ceremonies and other city-wide events
- Provide research support for special projects and ongoing programs
- Assist The Center with fundraising and special events
- Serve as an organizational ambassador in recruiting future interns and volunteers
We operate on an open recruiting cycle, meaning the first applications received are the first reviewed. Apply early!
Internships are available on or around these dates:
- Spring (January-May)
- Recommended to submit an application before October 1
- Summer (May-August)
- Recommended to submit an application before March 1
- Fall (August-December)
- Recommended to submit an application before June 1
To apply for an internship at The International Center, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your preferred internship program date range and top 3-4 roles of interest in your cover letter. On behalf of The International Center team, we look forward to hearing from you soon!