Protocol is the practice of using internationally recognized procedures to create a welcoming environment for people conducting business and diplomacy. With the proper protocol in place, cross-cultural relationships can be built with confidence and without confusion or wondering who does what, when. Protocol transforms an unfamiliar environment into a comfortable climate in which to conduct business.
The Office of Protocol provides support to organizations hosting international dignitaries and events in Indiana and conducts briefings on best protocol practices for organizations engaging in international activities or conducting business overseas.
- Arranging official meetings for visiting delegations
- Consulting on international protocol, customs or cross-cultural communication
- Coordinating diplomatic visits to and from Indiana at various levels
- Creating itineraries, production schedules and information packages
- Managing international events and providing a flag display