The selected intern works in direct support with The International Center’s International Visitors Program Manager. Primary duties include nation and partner research, and providing administrative support and service to the International Visitors Program and its international guests.
- Helps plan for International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP) groups (in-person and virtual) by preparing custom designed welcome packages, itineraries, and logistical details
- Researches web-based information to help build proposals for groups of international visitors
- Researches cultural events for international visitors
- Assists in facilitating professional meetings between groups of international visitors and local professionals
- Helps with follow-up and data entry when projects have been completed
- Organizes and maintains database of contact and reference information for local professional resources
- Researches specific theme-based resources for special projects as assigned
- Recruits staff, interns, or volunteers to serve as International Visitor guides, accompany groups of international visitors or join virtual group discussions
Desired Learning Outcomes:
- Understanding U. S. and International business and cultural diversities
- Understanding of the importance of logistics when planning for programs, the needs of international visitors, relationship management
- Ability to build awareness of timelines in order to prepare supporting documentation, build problem-solving, time management, and leadership skills, use logic and organization to build a re-usable reference tool, research information and synthesize it, build knowledge of local organizations and their purposes, delegate, and gain experience in ownership and accountability of tasks
Intern applications and cover letters may be submitted via email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your preferred internship program date range and top 3-4 roles of interest in your cover letter.